Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Refashioned knit shirt

Hey guys,

I don't have a before picture but here is a skirt I made from an old long-sleeved knit shirt.



I basically just cut straight across the shirt underneath the arms and collar and hemmed the top so that it was the right length (the shirt fit my hips perfectly so I didn't have to take it in or anything =] ), then I cut open the sleeves and used them to make the ruffle. Easy!

I think it turned out pretty spiffy. =]

Here are a couple more skirts I made from some thick stretchy knit stuff I had in my stash. It's black with white hearts and arrows on it. I made one plain using the fold-over-band mini tutorial on Max California's awesome-ass blog (I love her, she is so awesome!).




The second one I did the same thing but chucked a couple of ruffles on the bottom of it instead of the fold-over band. Because it's really thick fabric my machine had a spaz going through all the layers. It managed though. Slowly.


That's all for today. Thanks for reading!


San xx

2 comments:

  1. Got here from sliced + DIYced. The skirts turned out good. I really like the third one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freaking LOVE these skirts! I have heaps of ugly stretchknit in my studio I have no idea what to do with, NOW I KNOW <3

    ReplyDelete