Sunday, October 31, 2010

Yay fabric!

Hey guys,

There's this shop near my house run by this little old lady and she sells lots of random stuff like lace and elastic, etc. Well anyway, I went in there to pick up some interfacing yesterday and she had this massive pile of fabric remnants on the floor in the corner and she gave me a plastic bag and was like "You can have whatever you can fit in the bag for 10 bucks". Woo! 

A lot of it was really old and kinda dated material but I managed to pick out a few good bits (some of them were 3.5m+!). I picked out some black and white stretch lace (you can't see the pattern on the black lace very well, it's in the bottom left corner), some plain white cotton knit, nearly 4m of thin ribbed blue knit, a couple pieces of random cotton, some black lining and in the back there's a big piece of wooly weavey stuff (gonna reupholster a chair with that one).




I had a go at making some undies today. I made them out of blue and white striped stretch knit and I used this tut. I must admit I had a bit of trouble cutting up my poor old undies.. how weird is that? I lined them with some of the white knit (from the photo above) and added some little blue ribbon bows after they were done.



Here's a close up of one of the bows.

 
That's me for today. Hope you all had a good weekend!

San xx

2 comments:

  1. Super cute undies! When I'm confident in my sewing (I'm new to sewing), I'll be making myself a pair using the same tute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg they are adorable! I made a pair pretty similar too! (blue + white striped fabric, white lace, bow) Great minds think alike ^_^

    ReplyDelete